Nothing matches the thrill and challenge of having money on the line!

Betting Bonus

четверг, 21 января 2010 г.

ZNAROK: WE WON’T BE TOURISTS IN VANCOUVER


Head coach of HC MVD and Latvian hockey team which is Russia’s first opponent at the Olympic games Oleg Znarok gave an interview.

"Even taking into consideration tough KHL match schedule we keep in mind the coming Olympic games", said Znarok. "This competition is held once in four year and we have so little time before the Vancouver games. It is special tournament, but I cannot say that I am too nervous ahead of its start".

"Fans in Latvia wait worthy performance from their national team, as everybody understands that it’s difficult to compete with such teams as Russia and Canada. We have practically no time for preparations and moreover we have some problems with the lineup".

"Naumov didn’t play this season at all, but he deserved the trip o Vancouver by his performance in past years. We have no young goalkeeper ready to compete with Masalskis for a place in the goal".

"If I have free time, I always try to attend matches of Dynamo Riga, for example I Visited their match with Spartak in Sokolniki. Of course I watch KHL games on TV and visit Riga when HC MVD has breaks in the championship".

"Maybe my job is easier than Vyacheslav Malafeev’s one, because I know all players of the national team after I worked with them at junior and youth levels. I am aware of all players’ capabilities and know how they play in particular situations".

"After Latvia lost to Canada only in quarterfinals at the last World Championship, players’ way of thinking changed. I think we have good guys, who treat their work professionally. They will go to Vancouver not in status of tourists".

"I understand that it will be hard, since the world’s strongest nations and players will meet each other in Vancouver. We will fight until the very end in all games even despite difference of players’ levels and other conditions".

"Our main weak side is absence of time for preparations for the tournament. I even don’t know who will be in the team, it’s impossible to change anyone. I have 23 players and I need to work with them no matter in which form they are".

"We are responsible for result anyway. You know that Latvia has crazy and faithful fans in good sense of these words, and we play for the country and for our supporters. We have no right to let them down. When our matches are broadcasted on TV, the whole country will stop and watch them with bated breath".

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий

 
Website Visitor Statisticsdata retrieval software