Nothing matches the thrill and challenge of having money on the line!

Betting Bonus

пятница, 1 января 2010 г.

KOVALCHUK: BEST RUSSIAN SPORTSMAN-2009


A century of journalists voted the forward of Atlanta Thrashers Ilya Kovalchuk best sportsman in Russia this year.


He outscored Olga Zaytseva (biathlon), Alexandr Ovechkin, Evgeniy Malkin (both – ice hockey) and Dinara Safina (tennis) placed from 2 to 5 places respectively.

"For me it is a pleasant surprise to become sportsman of the year," commented on the title Kovalchuk. "In a team sport it is more difficult to win such a title."

"It would be better to call the Russian ice hockey national squad team of the year. For our victory at the World Cup was not the merit of one particular person but of the entire team."

"We keep on winning and the popularity of ice hockey increases. This is good. We are reviving past traditions, the Red Machine."

"I cannot say that I feel this popularity. When I am in Russia I try to avoid places where I can feel it. I spend most of the time with my family and friends. I have no other time for this."

"At the moment we are expecting our third baby. That is going to be a boy. I think two boys and a girl is the best combination. Whether they are to go in for sports will depend on the place where we will live. I mean at the moment when it is time to choose one."

"It can be ice hockey. Why not? I do not think this sport suits a girl… after all I am a Russian and stick to such stereotypes that ice hockey is not for girls. She swims, plays tennis a bit."

"Everybody has what he wants and needs. I have a family, and adore take my daughter to and from school. For example Ovechkin deserves his fame."

"He proves that he is a wonderful player every day on the ice. He is first of all an ice hockey player. And after all he is single and has full right to live as he lives. In a while he will build a family but now let him have fun."

"I have no problems in making people talk about me. I just never try to become the topic of talks on purpose. It is very easy to do just appearing in certain places. But I have a different lifestyle, other problems, concerns and interests."

"At the moment I live in Atlanta and I like it here. I do not think about moving somewhere and try not to make propositions. At the end of the season we will see the result."

"To my mind I should not have any problems signing new contract in my situation. If I play well all the season everything will work out."

"For me it does not matter how many Russian players there are in the team, more important is the level of their play. Though it is pleasant that Maxim and Antrop arrived to Atlanta, our journeys are merrier now. And laughter prolongs life."

"I am open to all offers. But it is too early to think about anything. I will make my decision taking into account what is best for my family. So not I alone will make this decision."

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий

 
Website Visitor Statisticsdata retrieval software