Nothing matches the thrill and challenge of having money on the line!

Betting Bonus

вторник, 26 января 2010 г.

LECAVALIER: I WAS EAGER TO PLAY AT HOME OLYMPICS


One of the best Canadian centres, leader of Tampa Bay Lightning and former forward of Ak Bars, Vincent Lecavalier gave an interview to russian sport press.


It’s not a secret that this season is not the best one in career of the Lightning captain Vincent Lecavalier. Thirteen goals in 49 matches is not the best result for the top-scorer, however only pessimistic people could imagine that this forward would stay out of the Olympic Games roster.

Right after Tampa’s recent crushing defeat to Rangers, Ak Bars ex-player agreed to talk about this unpleasant theme.

"It’s pleasant that Russian fans were upset that I was not included into Canada’s “23-men list”, it means that they still remember me", said Lecavalier. "Sometimes I recall how I played in Ak Bars too, as that season was undoubtedly one of the brightest events in my career".

"Fortunately or maybe unluckily Canada has a lot of high-class players, that makes the choice of the final squad very difficult".

"Am I surprised with my absence in the national team’s roster? I would say that I am very disappointed".

"I always try to do my best and show everything I can do in every game and of course I was eager to take part in home Olympics, feel its atmosphere and our fans’ fantastic support. However the final decision has been made and I cannot change anything now".

"It’s difficult to name reasons, which influenced the coaching staff’s decision. I don’t know them and nobody explained it to me. Beginning of the season was not very successful and maybe it affected coaches’ decision not to include me to the list of players, who will defend their country’s interests at the Olympic games. Believe me that I did everything possible to deserve this invitation".

"I improved my hockey in recent month and a half, so I don’t see any significant difference between my form this season and previous one. Now I am very close to returning to my peak form".

"The start of the season is not so important, because you need to show your best closer to decisive matches. Now I need to try to keep my current form during the break in the championship and help the Lightning to earn a spot in playoffs".

"Honestly the coaches’ decision to overlook Marty St. Louis perplexed me too. To my mind Marty is the best flank forwards in NHL nowadays and one of my best teammates".

"My former partners from Ak Bars Khabibulin, Kovalev, Vyacheslav Kozlov and Zhitnik also stayed out of the national team’s roster for the Games. But in Russia, like in Canada, there are many young talented players, and it’s naturally that several veterans had to stay at home".

"However one of my ex-clubmates Ilya Kovalchuk will go to Vancouver, because this best-scorer couldn’t but went there. I wish him good luck, but only not in matches against Canadian side".

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий

 
Website Visitor Statisticsdata retrieval software