Nothing matches the thrill and challenge of having money on the line!

Betting Bonus

четверг, 14 января 2010 г.

OVECHKIN: I AM READY TO BE THE CAPTAIN

Two Russian NHL star forwards Alexandr Ovechkin and Ilya Kovalchuk gave interviews to sport press.


Alexandr Ovechkin debuted in the role of Washington captain not long ago, while Ilya Kovalchuk has been fulfilling these duties for a long time. Yesterday two captains met each other on the ice, and Washington crushed Atlanta away 8-1.

Players were very happy when I announced the news of Ovechkin’s appointment as the captain in the morning, said Washington head coach Bruce Boudreau after the home game with Montreal.

"Three years ago journalists offered me to become the captain, but I said that I was not ready for it", said Alexandr Ovechkin. "At that time I lacked experience and didn’t know English well".

"I was notified in advance that I would be the captain. The coach just said that we need time to let everybody calm down after Clark’s exchange".

"I said that if the team agrees, I am ready to be the captain. The main thing for me is my partners’ respect. People should know that not only coaches, but the whole team trust me".

"Previously I was the captain in junior national team, when we lost and I picked an injury. If I am not mistaken it was in 2003".

"The head coach of Russian youth team Vladimir Plyuschev blamed the captain Nikita Filatov in the team’s failure. I don’t think that one player can really influence results of the game".

"Of course if you are the captain, you take responsibility, but it’s not necessary to shift the blame to Filatov. Maybe he was pressed, and maybe the fact that he is leader affected their opponents. We came across similar situation, when two players attack leader of the opposite team, and inexperienced player doesn’t know how to cope with them".

"To my mind Alexandr wanted to be the captain and he will surely cope with his new role", said Ilya Kovalchuk. "He fully deserved this honour, I even think that he should have been appointed the captain long time ago".

"Maybe he had some problems with foreign language or something else, but I know that now he feels more comfortable".

"I wish him good luck. I hope his Washington will achieve more success with the captain Alexandr Ovechkin".

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий

 
Website Visitor Statisticsdata retrieval software