Nothing matches the thrill and challenge of having money on the line!

Betting Bonus

четверг, 14 января 2010 г.

MALKIN: WANT KOVALCHUK AND AFINOGENOV IN LINE WITH ME


One of the leaders of the Russian Olympic national squad, MVP of the NHL play-offs last year Evgeniy Malkin cannot score for Pittsburg for eight consecutive matches.


In January of the previous season Pittsburg was in the middle of the NHL table and supporters did not have any certainty that the team would advance to the play-offs. But the performance of Evgeniy Malkin was on the contrary superb.

He was the leader in top scorers race, claimed many titles and won two of three most prestigious trophies at the end of the year – top scorer of the League and MVP of the play-offs.

This season the situation is the opposite. The team is in the leaders while the Russian star is somewhere at the bottom of the third dozen in the best players’ race.

Many people think it is the worst season for Evgeniy in NHL. Probably he spares himself for the Olympics?

"I cannot say I doubted a lot that I cannot be in the roster for the Olympics," said Malkin. "But I had some apprehensions till the very last moment when the list was published."

"Actually the list of 23 surprised me a bit. For example the absence in there of Kovalev and Frolov. But there are limited places in the national team and you cannot take everybody."

"The coaches are to make the choice and we can only play… and win."

"Whom I see with me in the line? At the World Championship in Moscow we played well together with Kovalchuk and on the right…. Maxim Afinogenov probably. But of course I will be pleased to play with anyone the coaches think best for the team. All our players are very good."

"The difference between small and bigger arenas is that in NHL you have to do everything faster."

"But I do not think there will be any problems with the size in Vancouver as all our players have experience of playing on small ice – either in NHL or during the Quebec World Championship."

"I see that many people are worried because of my decline in productivity. But the season is long and everybody has slowdowns. Do not worry I will be in my best form by the Olympics and hope will not let the country down."

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий

 
Website Visitor Statisticsdata retrieval software