Nothing matches the thrill and challenge of having money on the line!

Betting Bonus

среда, 14 июля 2010 г.

BURMISTROV: KHL – LEAGUE FOR GAFFERS




The newcomer of Atlanta, first Russian on the NHL June draft, Alexandr Burmistrov gave an interview to sport press.


Atlanta Thrashers start a new life – the team changed general manger, coaches and players. They have charted a course towards rejuvenation of the team. The only thing the management decided to retain of the old traditions – is to have one talented Russian in the roster.

Burmistrov is in the public eye at the moment and journalists often ask him about his attitude towards KHL. He put it absolutely clearly and named KHL a League for gaffers. Though there were rumours that these words were only a PR trick of his agent willing to raise his number on the draft.

"I have never told anyone that I hated KHL," wondered the 19-year old player. "You know what, my favourite player is Pavel Datsyuk and I think that I have the same senior moments as he has [during the World Championship Datsyuk avoided unpleasant questions saying that sometimes he has senior moments]."

"And I did not call KHL – league for pensioners. The journalists interpreted me in the wrong way. I just meant that KHL likes to invite players who have performed in NHL for many years and still want to earn money at sunset of their careers. Such players like Jagr."

"And I am a young player and all paths in NHL are unbarred for me and I made up my mind to play in NHL. This is what I tried to convey to the journalists."

"I cannot say that I was very much pressurized but some scouts and agents somehow mistrust Russian players. They are biased towards us as in the stories with Filatov and Radulov they think that any Russian can at once leave this League and return to KHL."

"And I am also leaving for Russia… to visit my parents and relatives. I will be training there and preparing for the season but I am not staying in KHL."

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий

 
Website Visitor Statisticsdata retrieval software