Nothing matches the thrill and challenge of having money on the line!

Betting Bonus

среда, 3 марта 2010 г.

DO YOU WANT TO SEE NHL PLAYERS IN SOCHI?


At night on Sunday MSK the Olympic ice hockey final took place in Vancouver with Canada snatching gold and Russia failing in the tournament all along.


The final was very much like a real movie. What a plot it was! USA was down 0:2 and heroically equalized with only 24 seconds till the final buzzer.

After that in overtime it was Crosby, who hardly scored during the Olympic tournament and was doing hard work for the team, turned not very convincing play of Iginla at the board to the golden goal.

Such matches at such a level bring sport on a new curl of popularity. And this hopefully will positively affect the decision of NHL concerning the participation of its players in the Sochi Olympics.

Russian sport press asked the head coaches of Canada and USA Mike Babcock and Ron Wilson respectively as well as chief executive of the Maple leaves Steve Yzerman one question: "Would you like NHL players take part in the Sochi Olympics?"

Ron Wilson: "I hope that NHL players, especially my young team will have the chance to go to Sochi. I am sure that is essential and very important for ice hockey. To my mind we are to pay back our debts to supporters of the whole world. We are doing exceptionally good work stealing best players from other countries and that means we owe their supporters a chance to watch a tournament like Olympic Games with their own eyes."

"If we are to go to Sochi NHL should give us a couple of days off more taking into account a long flight. Moreover I hope that matches will be held on narrow rinks. The game on such ice is so much better!"

"Today’s match [USA vs. Canada final] had great tempo and was intensive and this is an example of modern hockey. I am proud that my team was playing the way they should have. And not with trembling knees and defensive tactics in order not to concede. My teams always try to play differently. Though it is not very successful with Toronto yet but I try to teach them to play valiantly."

"I teach them to play right hockey. Not the way Czech Republic, Slovakia or Russia play who sit in defence and wait, wait, wait for a mistake. Today it was great hockey where the result was of course of utmost importance but satisfaction from the game was also important."

"This game where initially everybody thought about offensive actions was created in Canada. And I think being their neighbours we can justly play and train in the same way. I hope Mike will agree with me."

Mike Babcock: "I absolutely agree with Ron. I also think that best players in the world have the right to play for their countries, competing for the Olympic gold and that is what they really want. Moreover it is a big advertising event for NHL and today’s match proved it. People will talk about it for a long time."

"The final was splendid. But the entire tournament turned fantastic. I also agree with Ron about small arenas. They do the Olympics better! But at the same time I do not want you to think that I dictate terms: if for the hosts it is very important to play on big ice we will play there. And I do not think that is a big problem for NHL to make a season two weeks longer."

Steve Yzerman: "Firstly I am not sure whether NHL decides positive about its players’ participation in the next Games. As for my personal part the Canadian Hockey Federation tries to maximum develop the game bringing up young players, coaches, managers. And they are to make the decision. But if the Federation gives me a chance I will very pleased. I am admired with my Vancouver experience though it turned rather stressing. But it is great honour and if I receive an offer to go to Sochi as chief executive of the Canadian national team I will not doubt."


take a look here if you're going to BET ON RUSSIAN SOCCER

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий

 
Website Visitor Statisticsdata retrieval software